Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I know this is a jail


That's not exactly true. I left Budapest and was going to make a southern route through Europe to Lisboa. I meet Sam in Lisboa tomorrow!!! We're having a girl vacation in Portugal. Ok, back to my story. I left Budapest and headed toward Venezia on the train, but before I got there I decided to spend the night in Treviso. Only I said it wrong and got off the train in Travisio. At every other train station I have been to, you get off and there is a hotel right there. It might be junky, but it's a place to stay. Not in Travisio. Travisio is right on the border with Austria and it is gorgeous with giant mountains and trees. I mean really stunning and very cold. I use my best one word question which is "Hotel?" and get pointed down the road. I'm walking and walking and begining to get worried when I see a police station. I figure it can't hurt to go in and ask "Hotel?" again. The Italian Polizia think they are hilarious and use their english and hand signs to tell me this isn't a hotel, it's a jail. But, if I would like a room they could give me one. It was pretty funny. I said no thank you and they told me which direction I needed to go. I ended up at a great place and had yummy pasta with wine out of an unlabeled bottle. It was really good wine. Another good nights sleep for Angie.

1 comment:

matthew said...

wine! sounds fun. you should have slept in jail!

hi sam