Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ana Margarida Costa Gomes Leite


Yes, this tiny Portuguese girl has five names and needs them all, because her personality is that big. The truth be known though, it is really all Sam´s fault. See, since Sam and I met up in Portugal at the begining of the month my blood alcohol levels have been elevated. So, when I met Ana in the train depot and suspected she was a bit crazy, it turned out I was right. But, she´s crazy in a good fun loving way. So, when she suggested that we meet in the bar car after catching our train at 00:30, I thought why not, my last drink was with lunch, I haven´t eaten dinner, and I´ve been up since 06:00.


Ana´s english is pretty good and so are my charades. Between us we managed to entertain and maintain conversations with the train stewards until who knows what hour. One of the funniest moments was her renacting a birth, until I said ¨born¨ because one of the stewards was trying to tell me where he was from in Portugal. And of course that area has the best wine in all of Portugal! It just so happened that I had been through that town two days earlier. Even though I cannot say I had the wine there, it really is a beautiful place along the Rio Duoro.


To explain the picture. Ana must have a small bladder, because on my way to the bar car I saw her outside the WC doing a potty dance, talking, and laughing to one of the guys we ended up hanging out with later. As the night wore on it became too irresistable to not repeat the performance. With the Portuguese people being as kind as they are one of the stewards stepped up and offered to catch it for her so she wouldn´t have to wait. It was pretty funny.

1 comment:

matthew said...

man, this sounds fun, keep it up