Sunday, April 20, 2008

Girl Time



I can't believe Sam has already come and gone a week ago. I am losing track of time so terribly!! Well, I had a great time with her in Lisbon. We walked, ate, and drank to our hearts content. And when Sam left she lent me some clothes!!! I am the proud borrower of a skirt and several cute shirts, a change of outfits was much needed for my mental health. Actually girl time was the most important for my mental health. We had our nails done and got to have lots of girl talk and shopping. I had a great time touring around Lisbon and Albufeira with her. We had a bus tour of the city with this older woman who spoke like, five languages. At every interesting point she'd rattle off the same thing in one language after another. They all went by so fast, she'd be halfway through the english before I recognized the words. It was crazy, but very fun. My favorite parts were the carriage museum and seeing Vasco de Gamas tomb. I'm sure I didn't spell that correctly, but bear with me, it's really hard to keep track of the days anymore. So, spelling is far down on the list of priorities. What is funny to me right now is that as I write, I am realizing how bad my grammar is. Why is that funny you wonder? Well, I'm contemplating moving overseas and teaching English. Imagine me grading papers and being like, looks good to me. I may single handedly fill the world with slang speaking, bad grammared foreigners.

I also got to meet and spend time with Sam's grandma, uncle, aunt, and nephew. They are all very fun people and generously let me in on their family vacation. The bittersweet thing about my time with them is that we ate the best calamari I will probably ever have in my life. Now calamari is something I have to remove from my diet because for the rest of my life I will compare it with our meal at the beach.

No comments: